Friday, February 5, 2010

WHAT A PARTY – BREAD BAKING DAY #26 round up


And what a party it was! When Zorra of 1x umrühren bitte aka kochtopf asked me if I would host January’s Bread Baking Day I just jumped at the chance! I have been baking bread every month for Bread Baking Day since I first discovered this monthly event almost a year ago. Thanks to Zorra and BBD, I have grown not only to be comfortable working with yeast and home baking bread but loving it as well. I have pushed myself beyond my safety zone and created a bounty of breads of all sorts. So how in the world could I turn down this chance?


As anyone and everyone who comes to my blog, chats with me on Twitter or follows me on Facebook knows, January was my birthday month so, needless to say, I had a theme for BBD #26 ready made! So I sent out my Birthday Party invitation asking everyone who would like to attend to bring a loaf of bread. Or bread sticks, or scones or muffins or whatever they thought would be appropriate for a Birthday Party.


Little did I expect such an amazing turnout! Partygoer after partygoer showed up, each one bearing bread after stunning bread, savory and sweet, round, braided, pinwheeled and in (and on) sticks, studded with fruit, both fresh and dried, crunchy with nuts or tangy with onions and delicately spiced. Breads from India and Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Israel, the UK, the Netherlands and the good ole US of A. This party was what I call a rousing success: 36 Bread Baking Partiers alongside me! And a cornucopia of breads.

So I won’t dilly dally around and make you wait: like the party girl standing in front of a table piled high with prettily wrapped gifts, I’ll get right to it. I want to thank each and every one of you for making this BBD Birthday Party a great success and a wonderful time! I feel truly spoiled!

As you may remember, I started the ball rolling with my Focaccia Farcita (Stuffed Focaccia)


And my friends added these luscious, tasty breads to the Party Buffet Table:

SAVORY:

Natashya of Living in the Kitchen With Puppies
Ontatrio, Canada

Karen aka Baking Soda of Bake My Day
The Netherlands

Aoife aka Spudness of The Daily Spud
Dublin, Ireland

Finla aka Happy Cook of My Kitchen Treasures
Belgium

Astrid of Paulchen's Foodblog
Vienna, Austria

Natalia of Gatti Fili e Farina
Roma, Italy

Palmira of Come Conmigo el blog de Palmira
Barcelona, Spain

Lien of Notitie Van Lien
The Netherlands

Nicole of Bread, Butter and Buns
Idaho, USA

Leah of Leah’s Leavened Bread
Tel Aviv, Israel

Robert of La Mia Cucina
Germany

Zaira of La Cocina de Zaira
Spain

Sarah of Foodbridge
Israel

Alisa of Jane of Many Trades
Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Zorra of 1 x umrühren bitte aka kochtopf
Germany

Meeta of What’s For Lunch Honey?
Weimar, Germany

Tartascher of Mil Postres
Spain

Susan of Wild Yeast
California, USA

Idania of El Aroma de IDania

Foodlovers of It’s All About Foodlovers
USA

Michelle of Big Black Dog
Northern Illinois, USA

Asha of Fork-Spoon-Knife
New York and India

SWEET:

Sarah of What Smells So Good?
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Stefanie of Hefe und Mehr
Germany

Andrea aka AP269 of Family & Food
Germany

Deeba of Passionate About Baking
North India

Cathy of Bread Experience
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Hilda of Saffron & Blueberry
London, England

Elra of Elra’s Baking
California, USA

Miriam aka Chaosqueen of Chaosqueen’s Kitchen
Lübeck, Germany

Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen
Goa, India

Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms
Northern California, USA

Jayasri of Samayalarai – Cooking is Divine
Bristol, UK

Nina of Confessions of a Bake-a-holic!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Marta of Cocina Poética

Barbara of Barbara Bakes
Utah, USA

Sweatha of Tasty Curry Leaf
Bangalore, India

Alessio of Recipe Taster
Germany

Pamela of The Cooking Ninja
Clermont-Ferrand, France

Cinzia of Cindystar
Lake Garda, Italy

Sunita of Sunita’s World
Ipswich, UK

WOW! Pretty amazing, right? And a pretty great split between Savory and Sweet! What creativity! What generosity! Thank you one and all!

44 comments:

Aparna said...

Jamie, your birthday party rocks!!! What wouldn't I do to have one like this. Great idea.

zorra said...

Thank you my dear, you were a perfect hostess, and all your guests brought exquisite and delicious breads. A big thank you to them too. Now I'm off enjoying the magnificent buffet!

Alessio Fangano said...

Oh my goodness! There isn't a single entry I would just tear out of the picture and gorge on. WOW! Jamie, do you have enough cheese and saucissons?? ;-)

sunita said...

I'm so glad to be a part of this fantastic party; such gorgeous breads, each one so different. Thanks for the lovely round up Jamie :-)

Anonymous said...

Whooo hoooo! Carb junkie heaven!

Kitchen Jezebel

Deeba PAB said...

OH MY...I want a nibble of each of those laves. A bread baking party this is!! WOOT! What a wonderful round up for your birthday jamie girl! Love it. I'm enjoying it a lot, and am racing back for a few more crumbs before the rest arrive!
YAY!!

Happy Cook said...

If the results are like this collection of recipes i am so looking forward to your next years b'day party.
I am sure gonna come back to this page to see what bread i can make in the future as they all looks so so yumm.
Thankyou for hosting.
Love joining in your b'day bash.

Sarah M. said...

What a fantastic spread, so many types of breads from all over the world, definately a birthday bread celebration. Thanks for hosting the roundup.

Daily Spud said...

Oh me oh my Jamie - what a stunning birthday bread spread! I would love to be standing at that birthday buffet table right now so that I could score a piece of each and every one :)

Cathy (breadexperience) said...

Wow! Such beautiful breads. What a great roundup! I enjoyed being part of this event. Now, I'm going to start baking some of these other delicious breads!

Susan/Wild Yeast said...

All so wonderful! Thanks, Jamie!

natalia said...

Thank you for this wonderfullissimo Party !

Barbara Bakes said...

It is an amazing collection of breads! I bet you were in a bread coma after all this birthday bread! Wishing you an entire year of sweet things!

Baking Soda said...

Keeping keeping.. so many lovely recipes, so little time! What a great party Jamie! Thanks for hosting and a wonderful round-up

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That's a gorgeous roundup! a pity I could not participate...

Cheers,

Rosa

Heavenly Housewife said...

What a stunning collection of breads, a veritable bonanza of carbs. I love it.
*kisses* HH

The Cooking Ninja said...

What a great party turn out! All the breads are so delicious and beautiful. :)

Sophie said...

What a very tasty & beautiful special bread round up, Jamie!!

Waw!!! Just look at those appetizing pictures!! Yeah!

Elra said...

Wonderful round ups jaime, what a successful birthday party.

Sarah said...

Absolutely amazing range there! I found myself saying "Ooh must give that a try... and that... and that... that one too..."

jayasri said...

Hi jamie, This was a fantastic start for me to enter BBD, hoping I will not miss it every month, I loved it, & of course needless to say your party rocks girl!!!, I couldn't take my eyes off, such gorgeous bread I am bowled over. Beautiful round-up, thanks..

Curry Leaf said...

Lovely and Hearty Round up. Thanks for hosting.I agree with Aparna.The party is rocking

Stefanie said...

What a great birthday party. So much delicious breads.
I am just afraid my submission got lost somewhere in the world wide web? So here is the link again: http://www.hefe-und-mehr.de/2010/01/orangenzopf-bbd-26/?postTabs=1

Rambling Tart said...

My word!! What a feast for the eyes! :-) So glad your party was such a rousing success! :-)

Mary said...

What an incredible round-up. You did a wonderful job, Jamie. The amazing thing is there wasn't a single duplicate. Kudos to all.

Kajal - Aapplemint said...

The stuffed focaccia looks so irresistible !

Jamie said...

@Stefanie and @Asha - so sorry about the mix up with the e-mails but you are both added to the round up now! Thanks for your patience and understanding!

And thanks again to everyone for their fantastic, beautiful breads! And @Mary is so right, everyone made something different!

My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a gorgeous round-up of bread. I'll take two of those cute little ones with the olive inside.
Sam

Asha @ FSK said...

YAY!! this was soo much fun and as it turned out I was very appreciated for a day (that's how long the bread lasted!:D)
fun event jamie and just did the other you are hosting, today

doggybloggy said...

I am not even going to make an excuse as to why I didnt bake any bread! The round up of breads you have here all look absolutely fantastic...

jane of many trades said...

wow!!! what a party! beautiful breads everyone, let's do this again soon...

Nina said...

Jamie this is such a lovely round up:).I would love to have a party like this:) Thanks for hosting:)

Unplanned Cooking said...

What gorgeous loaves! I've been baking bread lately but still have a 50/50 success rate.

lobstersandwich said...

Happy Birthday,girlie girl. And what a party you had. Scrolling down,looking at loaf after loaf...I thought ...WOW. I was ( am) in awe. And yes, now I want to run to my kitchen and start baking..Thank you for the inspiration. Thanks for being you!
Birthday hugs,
SAUCY

Katy ~ said...

A beautiful bread buffet indeed and a lovely way to celebrate one's special day. Many thanks to you and to your guests for this post!

5 Star Foodie said...

This is the best party ever, so many terrific breads! Excellent!

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

That's an incredible bread line up! They all look wonderful but I am especially struck by the creation on sticks.

There is a Sunshine Award for you on my blog because you bring sunshine to my blog reading life. Drop by for details. xx

Lien said...

This is one super party, wow what a wonderful selection of mouthwatering breads!! I must print some out, too good. Thanks love for hosting this amazing party!

Palmira said...

Wahouuu ! What a wonderful summary. Now, what would be great is REALLY having this birthday party with all the breads baked!!!!
It would be a magnificent buffet, wouldn't it ?
Regards,
Palmira

Barbara said...

What a fun birthday party! Every single one of these recipes is a keeper. Where to start?

Cindystar said...

OMG, that was a super bingo!
sorry I am late in answering but I was on a long skiing w.e.with my family.
congrats to all participants, faboulous breads and sweets, I am enjoying all with my second cup of coffee, so lucky to read the round up at breakfast time!
thank you again for hosting, and see you next BBD!

Cathy said...

I would love to sample every single entry. They all look perfectly delicious. That's what I call a party.

English Mum said...

What a great idea! I'm definitely in next time! Until then, here's a wee challenge for you:

http://englishmum.com/2010/02/08/the-great-cupcake-challenge/

asiangrrl said...

Wow! This entry is filled with a cornucopia of yummy-looking breads. Wow. Just, wow! Nice job to all involved.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...